Face, Neck and Throat
Let Spokane Valley ENT help you with chronic swallowing problems.
Chronic difficulties in swallowing, a condition known as dysphagia, is often a sign of a problem with your throat or esophagus that could be caused by a number of disorders, including gastroesophageal (GERD) reflux, esophagitis, diverticula, tumors or many other conditions.
Spokane Valley ENT physicians are highly trained in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that could be causing your swallowing problems. After careful assessment of the cause and severity of your swallowing problem, your doctor will recommend appropriate treatment.
General Dysphagia symptoms
Each person is different, but some common symptoms of this disorder include:
- Coughing during or right after eating or drinking
- Wet or gurgly sounding voice during or after eating or drinking
- Extra effort or time needed to chew or swallow
- Food or liquid leaking from the mouth or getting stuck in the mouth
- Recurring pneumonia or chest congestion after eating
- Weight loss or dehydration from not being able to eat enough